3.26.2011

Computron

It's getting toward the end of winter, the end of the school year, and the end of my student loan. A few large purchases need to be made (silicone, a website, business cards...), repayment plans need to be formulated, and I need to make sure I've got enough to help me out when I move! 


And my computer's dying. 


It's tragic. I've had the HP dv2000 for four years. It hasn't been the smoothest of relationships (the great Motherboard disaster of 2009 put a two month hiatus on the lovefest), but we've grown quite close over the years. I feel the end drawing near, though: it's getting old. The battery won't stay charged for more than 30 minutes. It's heavy. It's sluggish. The fan's loud. And they keys are so full of cat fur it amazes me they still work. 


I've been looking at iPads. They're beautiful and small and within my price range. The bubble was burst about half an hour ago when I realized any significant word processing would be hampered by the 'Pad. I am sad. 


Next best thing is a macbook. A thousand dollars is a lot of money though, and I'm going to have to do some serious number crunching to find the cash. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
All images and content are the sole intellectual property of C. Gorham and may not be used without her permission.

Photographs are taken by C. unless otherwise stated.