3.18.2011

Unlimited Control

Here's the deal: I'm in the process of prettying up this blog while I'm putting together a website. I know exactly what I want, and that poses a problem, because I can't find what I want


I downloaded an alternative template for this blog, but it needed a few tweaks. I'm a little proud of the html-wrangling I did to fix the errors. Mind you it was a minor problem and found instructions in the help forum, but a victory is a victory. The next thing I've noticed is the list of folks I follow is missing. I suspect it's the same problem I had with the navbar, but can't figure out where in the code it is. 


Second big problem: there are a couple of font discrepancies in the blog. I want it ALL IN COURIER, and it's not. It's visually irritating and it draws attention to things that don't need recognition. It might be a big hassle to fix. 


The website's a whole other can of worms that I can't fix because I have no access to the html templates in this particular build-it-yourself-website website. The set organizational capabilities aren't as clean and straightforward as I need. I can't jiggle around the title. Even the favicon's hassling me. 


I struggle with the appearance of the site-in-progress. I like the white option, but I like the black option, too. The blog and the website should be (in my mind) seamless, two parts of a whole. And then that'll be echoed again in my business cards/letterheads/etc. And all of it is a reflection of my personal style. 


GAH!


What I'm left with, I guess, is a decision. Should I continue slogging through this moderately hands-on website builder and accept it's limitations, or should I throw my hands up and hire a web designer? You can dress up for a party, but arriving in style is another matter. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
All images and content are the sole intellectual property of C. Gorham and may not be used without her permission.

Photographs are taken by C. unless otherwise stated.