6.15.2011

La Fin du Semestre

It's the official end of the semester and the end of my time in the Advanced Studies program. Today I'll be presenting my grad piece and business plan to outside evaluators (gulp!) and then I'll graduate this Saturday. 

Our grad exhibition opens this Friday though, 4:30-7pm. It's going to be good, and it'll be up all summer if you can't make it to the vernissage. 


It's nice to have everything all wrapped up. I guess the next step is cleaning out my lockers at school (there is no room in my studio for all of that stuff) and preparing for the big move at the end of the summer. 



All in all I feel pretty good about this year. For the past week I've been in this funk... It's hard to explain. I'm not sure if it was the dawning realization of the end of an era, or I wasn't sleeping enough, or the full moon, or the fact that Barb freaking Hunt was going to be judging my progress. Who knows. But now that I've got my sights set on getting through this presentation today, I feel significantly better. 


I'm going to keep this blog going indefinitely, as it is a nice way of keeping track of progress, so stick around! There's going to be a lot happening in this next year.

1 comments:

Jackie said...

Congratulations on finishing! You made it! I can't wait to see your work tonight!
Have fun cleaning and stuffing you studio full! I am sure that you can cram more stuff in there! It is no where near as full as my shed and I still manage to find room for a little more. ALthough I think that breaking point is fast approaching.

Post a Comment

 
 
All images and content are the sole intellectual property of C. Gorham and may not be used without her permission.

Photographs are taken by C. unless otherwise stated.