1.30.2012

Pulse

I'm so pleased by the progress I'm making and the shape of the project so far. I know it looks like a weird blobby-beige thing - don't be so nervous, it's supposed to look like that for now - but the accumulation of hundreds of tiny steps will eventually be coherent and beautiful. 


Living an inspired and strange life is a continuing priority, so I spent Saturday evening building a blanket fort in the living room. In a house like this, full of beautiful rugs and old chairs, the fort seemed more like a Berber tent or a Mongolian yurt. And with Bjork's latest album blaring at nearly full volume (as if the collection of odd furniture and my own strange costume [because you can't be in a blanket fort without a costume] weren't enough...), I made myself at home. 

Q: Why would an adult build a blanket fort, dress up in odd clothes, and dance around like a little kid for an evening? 
A: I like making blanket forts. I don't want to be bored. I want to change my perception of this space and these objects. I want to transport myself to a new land. I want to be my witchy shapeshifter self, and what better way than to do that, what better way to refresh imagination/spirit/body than to build a new home and live there for a while? 

to top it off, we're getting even more snow tonight!

Continuing that train of thought, what will I accomplish this week that will refresh my imagination and uphold my responsibilities?

1. Pull together my artist talk presentation and have it a polished gem by Wednesday
2. Practice 6 days of yoga without skipping a day...
3. Practice painting
4. Curate a collection of animals
5. Turn that coconut hull into something
 

1 comments:

ReBecca P said...

Positively Inspiring !

Post a Comment

 
 
All images and content are the sole intellectual property of C. Gorham and may not be used without her permission.

Photographs are taken by C. unless otherwise stated.