1.03.2012

Magic Life

I've slipped into this new year without a fraction of the lusty alcohol-fueled shit-show jubilee of 2011. A sleepy night after a long shower and a quiet countdown with the radio marked the turning point for me, and as with some rare great beginnings, this birth was inauspicious. 


I have made resolutions (1. exercise regularly 2. eat more vegetables 3. live somewhere great) and goals (1. shine up that heart muscle 2. make more small things 3. pay down some debt 4. become more involved in the art community, even if that means travelling 5. get inspired instead of mopey) and I have a great deal of hope for this next year. I feel it's going to be a good one. 


Though it wasn't easy to get there and definitely hard to leave again, the visit home was a godsend. It's difficult to describe just how happy I was to be with my family and pets and friends. 




I've returned to the GTA with fresh eyes (well, sort of. I need new contact lenses or glasses to make that statement completely true) and clearer goals for my remaining two+ months here. The days I spend in the studio will be long days with very regular snack breaks and trips to the greenhouse, and they will be very productive days. I'm setting myself weekly progress goals and will stick to them! 


That should mean more writing too, and not just for this blog. I've got to start putting out applications for exhibitions and scouring the land for good jobs in my field (in Toronto or Newfoundland please!). Admin stuff, stuff I'd rather pay someone to do for me. 


Oh well! Intense Studio Time begins next week. Lots to prepare!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
All images and content are the sole intellectual property of C. Gorham and may not be used without her permission.

Photographs are taken by C. unless otherwise stated.