7.09.2011

Long Overdue Update

Hello again! It's been a while since I've had the time or inclination to post updates and keep everyone abreast of my activities, and for that, I apologize. 

I started work at the Canadian Crafts Federation two weeks ago as their communications coordinator. It's a great summer gig. That takes care of three days of the week, then there's my job at the rock shop, and then the barracks... let's just say I haven't had two consecutive days off in three weeks, and the next day off is a week away. 

Making money and saving up for the big move to ON is definitely a positive thing and I do like the work, but this schedule certainly hasn't left time for relaxation, studio fun, or family and friend fun. It kinda blows, actually. 

Creatively, I've started knitting the sock I've been meaning to knit for ages, I started a sweater too, and as of last night, I'm making more inventory for the barracks shop. There's also a queer art market coming up in a few weeks that I might sign up for if I come up with enough inventory. It's hard for me to develop quick little products I can whip up for last minute things like that, so we'll see what I can come up with. My brain's hardwired to make complicated, time-consuming things... 

On a happy note, you should purchase this year's pride calendar for two reasons: 1. Support Fredericton Pride! 2. I'm in it! 
The amazing Jeff Crawford is the talent behind the photographs and the whole shebang should be ready for sale by mid-August. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
All images and content are the sole intellectual property of C. Gorham and may not be used without her permission.

Photographs are taken by C. unless otherwise stated.