7.13.2011

This Town is Small

My birthday recently passed and my heart is still full of happiness and somehow, little seeds of ambition are once again stirring. A parcel arrived in the mail today that I had completely forgotten about:


Yeah! My sketchbook for the 2012 Sketchbook project! That barcoded brown book is so full of promise. The more I look at it, the more excited I get about putting ink on paper and getting some of this junky pent-up lethargy out to make room for good, creative, happy maker vibes. 

And speaking of good vibes, I spent some time today reading up on the PEI artist collective, This Town is Small. They're a group of dynamic people dedicated to starting up an artist run centre on the island and creating a support network for artists, musicians, thinkers, and the like. The image below is just one of the many neat things they think about, and it made me realize how much I need to reconnect with my community.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
All images and content are the sole intellectual property of C. Gorham and may not be used without her permission.

Photographs are taken by C. unless otherwise stated.