5.24.2011

Post-Apple Meltdown

Despite going to bed early, eating well, and maintaining some level of physical activity, I am not feeling well, and I haven't been for some time. Ick. I came to the conclusion the day before yesterday that I have overextended myself in a big way, and I believe the stress from this is contributing to my feeling like garbage. 

Not being one to miss an opportunity, I have a tendency to jump in way over my head and then continue to swim out to sea. Failures so far have been few, but let me assure you the mental agony makes up for it. 

It's nearly impossible to be a good, creative, happy artist when you feel suffocated by your workload/anxiety. There's no glamour in being a "tortured artist" (I hate this notion! It's ridiculous), there's no glory in being a pack mule. But here I am, an overspent artist with screwy priorities. 

Current Priorities:                  Ideal Priorities:

1. Shop set-up                       1. Grad piece and writing
2. Exhibition application            2. ME (includes sleep, food)
3. Grad piece                        3. Friends and family
4. Gallery Connexion               
5. Writing (for school)
6. Food
7. Friends/family
8. Household chores, sleep (me)

Ugh.

1 comments:

Jackie said...

It is always hard to maintain balance in your life. Somedays I feel like a magnet drawing responsibilities to myself until I am completely covered and being smothered under the "stuff" that I "need" to do, either to live up to someone elses expectations or my own.
It is going to be something that you will have to keep an eye on for the rest of your life.

Post a Comment

 
 
All images and content are the sole intellectual property of C. Gorham and may not be used without her permission.

Photographs are taken by C. unless otherwise stated.