4.29.2011

The Two Sisters at NBCCD

Guess what I finiiished! Yeah, the Luthier!

Snuggle time with my favourite giant head.





I actually made Denise Richard, the fabulous instructor of our Advanced Felting course, cry. That's right. The luthier was so good he brought tears to her eyes. 


I was very concerned I wouldn't be able to pull it together in time, or that I'd have to half-ass it. The project had been spinning it's wheels and stressing me out, but it seemed like once I started attaching the beard, everything fell into place. Thanks again to the Great Washing Machine and the felt gods for saving my hide... 


Drew Gilbert is photographing our costumes for our portfolios, and I can't wait to see them. Denise roped some hapless first year into wearing mine, and the boy handled it gracefully. Didn't even bat an eye when I wrapped his torso in cheesecloth and moved his arms for him. 

Some adjustments before the shoot. Drew's on the left, I'm in the dress, and the Luthier's on the boy.

All photos in this post were taken by ReBecca Paterson. You can check her out over at Something Fiber.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
All images and content are the sole intellectual property of C. Gorham and may not be used without her permission.

Photographs are taken by C. unless otherwise stated.