2.11.2011

Book Pieces

 I spent the weekend carving up that board I purchased in my last post. My father helped me with the table saw, circular saw, planer, and drill (a fun and noisy process!)and in the end there were six little rectangles for the book covers, and two long boards left for a future project. Maybe some day I'll have a workshop and wood shed as impressive as my father's?




 This is the next step: creating the book blocks. I cut to size nine huge sheets of Canson Ingres and Mi-Teinte paper to make the pages, folded them all (folio stage), nested four together (can't remember the name of this stage), and poked holes for the binding. I don't have an awl, but I DO have a t-pin jammed into the end of a cork, which works just fine. 


 And here's a close-up of the DIY awl, the guide slip (shows me where to poke holes) clipped to the packet of folios, and some finished ones in a little stack on the right. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
All images and content are the sole intellectual property of C. Gorham and may not be used without her permission.

Photographs are taken by C. unless otherwise stated.