12.16.2011

Library

A list of some of the movies I've seen in the past month and change:


Capote
Milk
La Vie En Rose
the Darjeeling Limited
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Bright Star
Run Silent, Run Deep
The Russian Ark (fell asleep halfway through. Must re-watch)
The Life of Birds, narrated by the fabulous David Attenborough
The Wire, season 2 
and Golden Girls, season 1.


I really like movies. I don't much like sitting still for an hour or two at a time, but the movies (and TV shows) I've seen captivated and inspired me in a variety of ways. Five of the movies on the list brought me to tears, and I'm not a sob-in-the-theatre kind of woman. 




To balance that screen-staring, I read a great deal. Everything from Egyptian mythology to surveys of modern Pagan witchcraft to stories about Newfoundland, and yoga manuals. I need a good dose of fiction next, and thankfully the Central library here has a fantastic selection of everything. Browsing through those tidy shelves, finding gems, and chatting with the librarians is well worth the risk of being harassed by one of the free-internet using creeps that hangs out near the CD racks... 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
All images and content are the sole intellectual property of C. Gorham and may not be used without her permission.

Photographs are taken by C. unless otherwise stated.